We are being optimistic here- hopefully we will have early tomatoes. All these unseasonable storms keep knocking the fruit off our plants, but things are changing weather wise around here anyways- fresh tomatoes arriving soon!
We keep little baggies of poached chicken in the freezer for quick meals. During hot weather we love garden fresh salads, and a vegetable salad topped with tender moist chicken is a favorite.
Making your own salad dressings can be quick, economical and very healthy as well. This one takes a few more minutes to pan roast some garlic cloves but is so worth it in terms of fresh flavor.
You can zip this dressing up with some horseradish or even dijon mustard for a delightful seafood salad if you like:
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted then peeled ( I throw them in a frying pan with a cover on low heat while I prepare the other ingredients)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 medium Clerici Ranch tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Clerici Ranch Lemon Vinegar
- 1/3 cup Clerici Ranch basil, finely chopped
Throw all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
Keep refrigerated if not using right away.
- The Salad Bowl: Honey-Balsamic Bean Salad (thecooksnextdoor.com)
- Salads Make Sense (tweenliklive.wordpress.com)
- Chopped salads deliver array of tastes, textures, colors (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Recipe: Michael Symon’s Summer Salad (seattletimes.nwsource.com)